Milktart is a very traditional dessert that is loved and adored by all in South Africa. Add a bit of specialness such as coconut and this crustless tart will provide the finishing touch to a meal without any special planning or effort. Deliciousness all the way!
500 ml milk
5 ml vanilla
60 ml margarine
250 ml sugar
250 ml coconut
125 ml Snowflake flour
5 ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C
- Butter a tart tin
- Melt the margarine and add mix milk, eggs and vanilla to it
- Add the dry ingredients sugar, coconut, flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl
- Mix the milk mixture with the dry mixture thoroughly or until the sugar dissolve in the milk mixture
- Put it into the tart tin and bake for 40 minutes or until it is golden
Note: Serve cold or warm with a delicious cup of your favourite tea or coffee blend.